Communication and dialogue
Do you recognize these situations?
• You anticipate what your conversation partner is thinking and you are already ten steps further in your thoughts.
• You resent the advice your friend gives you before he understands your point.
• Your colleague interrupts you and thinks he knows what you’re talking about without giving you a chance to correct it.
• You ask your manager many questions but (s)he doesn’t ask you any.
• You get the impression that your interlocutor in a meeting is not really listening to your arguments.
• Your student makes harsh and oversimplified statements and you don’t know how to respond.
Then this program is what you are looking for!
An organisational culture with nuance and dialogue as central characters requires 3 kinds of art : listening, speaking clearly and thinking together.
- Listening requires not only being able to listen selectively to what interests you, but also to listen openly, from an attitude of ‘availability’. You are focused and you can repeat exactly what the other person has said. ‘Listening’ also includes implies mastering your empathy. You focus on cognitive empathy: you can imagine what it is like for the other to experience something.
- Speaking clearly means expressing yourself consciously, concisely, formulated, argued, in a structured way, etc. In addition, your physical presence as well is important: articulate well, get the voice right, check breathing, etc. This also means: working on assertiveness, being able and daring to speak up, positioning oneself, etc.
- A conversation is a dialogue when you think together. This means that you are not stubborn and you are willing to let go of your point of view facing better arguments. It means as well that you can ask specific questions and that you can organize meetings in such a way that there is room for nuance and togetherness.
Our offer :
In company we offer workshops and training on dialogue skills, de-radicalisation skills, and influential group speaking. If you are interested in this, please click on the ‘for my organisation’ button.
In the autumn of 2022 open programs will be organised online and offline. If you’re interested, please contact Kristof