Philosophical counselling in critical thinking
This program consists of series of sessions of 1.5 hours each. You can organize this yourself according to your own possibilities, both offline and online (via Skype). The price is 60€/session. If you follow 10 of them, the price is 50€. In this process Kristof Van Rossem will be coaching you to reach the objectives you set yourself. You will have Socratic and other conversations with him and you will do exercises in decision making skills, logical thinking, argumentation and reasoning, sharpness in formulation, rhetoric etc. In between the sessions, you will get some ‘homework’ : exercises to improve your thinking competencies.
The style of the training is Socratic. This means that there is a focus on consciousness of one’s own judgments, arguments and assumptions and on the ability to make other people conscious of them as well. The training starts with one free session in which you will determine together with Kristof the objectives to be reached.
Here are some skills that you can acquire in this program:
- You are alert and witty in your comments
- You are your (more) aware of your beliefs, your arguments and your assumptions
- You master the influence on/of interlocutors in expressing your beliefs
- Your influence in an interview is bigger
- You can listen carefully and sensitively
- You are flexible in mind: you have no fixed ideas anymore.
- You control your emotions as much as necessary
- You question the quality of your own and someone else’s arguments
- You can identify problematic reasoning in a speech
- You are more immune to nonsense